Under the Real Estate Services Act (RESA Council Rules 3-3) our duties to our client are to:
- Act in the best interest of the client
- Act in accordance with the lawful instructions of the client
- Act only within the scope of the authority given by the client
- Advise the client to seek independent professional advise on matters outside the expertise of the licensee
- Maintain the confidentiality of information respecting the client
- Take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest, and/or if one exists, promptly and full disclose.
With this in consideration, we assist the client by:
- Helping the Council with preparation of the annual budget
- Maintaining records of all receipts and expenses
- Submitting monthly financial statements to Council
- Providing a central records office for all Strata administration and financial files
- Collecting all fees, fines, and charges for the Strata Corporation
- Coordinating quotation, maintenance and repairs at the Council's direction
- Arranging adequate insurance coverage and regular annual Strata property appraisals
- Paying approved monthly operating expenses (as applicable) for each project
- Liaising between contractors and service people on behalf of the Strata Corporation
- Performing general supervision of employees of the Strata Corporation
- Preparing and administering of meetings (Council/AGM/SGM)
- Attending Council meetings/AGM/SGM
- Preparing all necessary forms as outlined by the Strata Property Act of BC for registration in the Land Titles Office on behalf of the Strata Corporation
- Administering collections, foreclosure, bankruptcy, small claims, lien proceedings, etc.
- Providing 24/7 emergency assistance
- Providing consultation and resources to the Strata Council.